The following words and expressions will have the following meanings unless the context otherwise requires:
- “Compliance Officer” refers to Pukka Pies Limited, The Halfcroft, Syston, Leicester, LE7 1LD.
- “cookies” mean a small amount of data sent from the server, which is then stored on your computer’s hard disc drive
- “DPA” is the Data Protection Act 1998.
- “GDPR” is General Data Protection Regulation
- “data processors” are as defined in the DPA – the full text of these definitions can be obtained by visiting “process, processing” www.hmso.gov.uk
- “personal data” is as defined in the DPA – the full text of these definitions can be obtained by visiting “process, processing” www.hmso.gov.uk
- “sensitive personal data” is as defined in the DPA – the full text of these definitions can be obtained by visiting “process, processing” www.hmso.gov.uk
- “site” means this website, pukka-pies.co.uk
- “User” is a customer purchasing products from the site.
- “we, us, our” refer to Pukka Pies Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with the company registration number 01008747 and whose registered office is at The Halfcroft, Syston, Leicester, LE7 1LD.
- “you, your” is an individual or company visiting the site, or a User of the site.
2.2 By registering or placing an order on this site, you imply consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
2.3 We do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party any personally identifiable information collected on this site.
2.4 We are required by law to determine how we process your personal information and make clear to you on what basis we are doing so; if we no longer have a reason to process your personal information, we will stop immediately.
2.5 Our primary reason for collecting your personal data is to process your orders for goods from our site and provide you with the most efficient service possible.
2.6 We do not anticipate collecting or processing any of your sensitive personal data.
2.8 Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
3. When will we process your personal data
3.1 We process your personal data when you buy a product from our website, use our service, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions. This forms a contract between us. To carry out our responsibilities under that contract, we will need to process the information you give us.
3.2 We will also process your information when you give us consent; this may be explicit or implicit.
3.3 When you contact us via the ‘Say hello’ or ‘Contact’ links on the site or email us we will collect personal data from you. In these circumstances, you implicitly offer your consent as, by contacting us, you reasonably expect us to use your data to reply.
3.4 We may be required to process your data due to a legal obligation, which might include personal information.
3.5 Personal information may also be obtained
- automatically by your internet browser.
- by our recording telephone calls.
3.6 When a User places orders for goods and subsequently submits payment for goods, we will process the information provided.
3.8 If you submit a complaint, we will record all the information you have given to us and use this to deal with the issue. If this complaint reasonably requires us to involve another person, we may give that person some of the information contained in your complaint. We may collate statistics on the basis of complaints to asses our service, but not in a way that will identify anyone.
4. Our policy on processing your personal data
4.1 Unless you have specifically consented to the use of your information for a particular purpose, we will not use your information in a way that will identify you personally.
4.3 We will continue to process your information on the bases outlined above for one year (for general enquiries), until you withdraw your consent (for mailing list subscriptions), or until it can be assumed you no longer consent.
4.4 To withdraw your consent, you can email us on [email protected].
5. What we do with your personal data
5.1 We will process your personal data so that:
- 5.1.1 We can process your order for the purchase of goods from the site subject to the terms and conditions of the site.
- 5.1.2 We can deal with the general queries you raise from time to time through the ‘Say hello’ or ‘Contact’ links on the site.
- 5.1.3 We can process orders placed by Users.
- 5.1.4 We can process payment made by Users.
5.2 Other purposes for which we will process your personal data are:
- 5.2.1 The general administration of Users’ records by us.
- 5.2.2 The general maintenance of our database and records by us.
- 5.2.3 For security purposes to protect your personal data held and/or processed by us.
- 5.2.4 For training our employees in respect of providing our service to you.
- 5.2.5 To maintain records of payments made by Users.
- 5.2.6 For our general marketing purposes.
- 5.2.7 To send you information (by post, email, by telephone about other products and services of ours, any companies which are part of the group of companies which we may be a part of from time to time, and/or other carefully selected companies, in each case that we think may be of interest to you. This is often referred to as ‘direct marketing’ and ‘host mailing’ respectively.
6. Who else gets to see your personal data?
6.1 Our data processors.
6.3 Such financial service providers used by us from time to time for the purpose of processing payment and carrying out security and credit checks.
6.4 We may be required to give information to legal authorities on request, or if they have they proper authorisation.
7.1 The website is only for delivery of goods to customers within the United Kingdom Mainland. All goods must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or over on delivery.
7.2 The Company shall reasonably endeavour to deliver the goods to the Customer at such address notified by the Customer when the order was placed where such delivery is within the United Kingdom mainland within 48 hours of the Email Confirmation. However, goods not held in the Company´s stock may take up to 5 weeks for delivery. Estimated delivery times are as displayed on the website and as amended from time to time
7.3 Delivery dates are estimates only and time of delivery is not of the essence. In the event the Company reasonably believes delivery is likely to take in excess of 5 weeks the Company will notify the Customer of the likely period of delay as soon as possible.
8. Your rights
8.1 You have the right to object to your personal data being used for ‘direct marketing’ and/or ‘host mailing’ purposes.
8.3 At any time, you have the right to review or update the information we hold about you or request the removal of any information about you from our website. To do so, email [email protected] We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is required to fulfil the original purpose, comply with the law or support a claim in court.
8.4 Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
8.5 You have other rights under the DPA in relation to our processing of your personal data.
9. Maintenance of your personal data
9.1 We are committed to the security of your personal data. All of our employees with access to your personal data and/or are associated with the processing of that data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
9.2 We have implemented technology measures and security policies to protect the personal data that we have in our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
11. Contact information
11.1 If you have any queries about our processing or use of your personal data you should write, in the first instance to our Compliance Officer.
11.2 If you want to learn more about your rights regarding your personal data, you should contact the information commissioner’s office information line on: (0044) 01625 545745 or visit their website at http://www.ico.gov.uk/.