Modern Slavery Statement March 2022
Pukka Pies Ltd
Modern Slavery Statement – Financial Year 2020/2021
This statement is made on behalf of Pukka Pies Limited, pursuant to section 54 (1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the ‘Act’) and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 29th May 2021.
Our Business and Structure
Pukka Pies is a family owned, single site business with a heritage dating back to 1964. We manufacture a range of high-quality chilled products at our bakery in Syston, Leicester.
We are committed to ensure that our colleagues and those in our supply chain both permanent and temporary, will be treated in accordance with our values, work in safety and be protected from exploitation and slavery.
Our Supply Chain
The business has an extensive and complex supply chain and procures a variety of raw materials from the UK and overseas. We expect our suppliers and contractors to demonstrate a zero-tolerance approach to exploitation.
We encourage our employees, customers and other business partners to report any issues relating to ethical issues in our business. This includes any circumstances that may give rise to enhanced risk of modern slavery or human trafficking for the purposes of labour exploitation. Our policies include:
- Whistleblowing policy for confidential reporting of issues.
- Young workers policy to prevent risks to young workers.
- Ethical Policy to illustrate our commitment and responsibility to our suppliers, customers, employees and local community.
- We are members of SEDEX and use only SEDEX registered suppliers.
- Our supply chain has been risk assessed using the SEDEX tool. We review level of risk and required actions quarterly.
- We continue to promote to all employee’s that Modern Slavery is a global problem that affects us all and how everyone has a vital role to play in tackling the issue.
- We have communicated with all employees to refresh their understanding of our Whistleblowing policy and reminded them of the contact details
- We continue to use The Pukka Guide to Supply, when engaging with new suppliers and contractors.
Our Action Plan For Financial Year 21/22
- We will continue to work closely with our Labour Provider (Staffline) and audit their best-in-class employment practices.
- We will continue to actively monitor risk in our supply chain and take the appropriate actions to minimise any unacceptable risk.