Prep Time: 25 mins | Serves: 4
750g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
50g butter or Marg
150g green cabbage, finely shredded
100g frozen peas
80ml whole milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water approx. 1tsp per ltr for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, use half the butter and all the cabbage into a medium frying pan over a medium heat and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the cabbage is beginning to tinge golden brown around the edges season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Next, add the peas and 2 tablespoons of water to the pan and fry until the water has evaporated and the peas are cooked.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain into a colander and leave for 1 minute to dry.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth, beat in the milk & butter, then fold through the cabbage and peas, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve alongside a Pukka pie for a tasty, hearty and wholesome meal.
You can use shredded leeks, onions & sweetcorn as well or instead of any of the other ingredients
You can use soft cheese in mash instead of butter & milk. Garlic & herb makes instantly tasty mash!