Pukka Pies is an independent company with a passion for pies. They are made with the finest ingredients by dedicated and caring people. They are full filled in light pastry; they taste great and have true flavours. The proof is in the eating. Try one... don't compromise.
- Pukka Pies is an independant company based in Leicestershire. We only bake pies with our name on them.
- Our entire range is free from preservatives and hydrogenated fats.
- 320 people work at Pukka Pies it is a great place to work. Staff welfare and job security is most important to our company.
- Pukka Pies was set up in 1963 and we have sold more pies every year since then. Today we make over 60 million pies every year.
- We only use the best ingredients from trusted suppliers who we have good working relationships with.
How Did We Get There...?
In 1963 the Beatles were at number one, Mary Quant decided short dresses were cool and the rest of the population were discovering bell bottoms!
Thankfully, Trevor Storer had other ideas on good taste. Quitting his day job he founded Trevor Storer's Handmade Pie Company which started the smallest of bakeries and set about selling great tasting pies. His first creation was the Steak and Kidney Pie and it was Trevor's wife Valerie who produced the recipe for the Chicken and Mushroom Pie which like all the pies, remains the exact recipe today. He baked the pies on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and sold them on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Trevor opened 13 accounts on the first day and sold 1,200 pies in the first week. By the end of the first year he employed just 12 members of staff. Pukka Pies now make over 60 million pies and pasties per year and have 320 members of staff.
In a flash of marketing genius, one year later he renamed the company Pukka Pies and the rest as they say, is history. Trevor Storers pies tasted great and were an instant hit. Bell bottoms may no longer be with us but Trevor Storers pies most certainly are. Pukka Pies... Don't Compromise!.